Governor Gavin Newsom on Tuesday signed a legislative package to approve coronavirus relief for Californians.
The bill includes $600 one-time payments to low-income individuals and households and four times the available amount of relief for small businesses.
These legislative budget actions are part of the Governor and Legislature’s $9.6 billion pandemic emergency relief package and included funding for initiatives Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) has championed such as Golden State Stimulus payments, small business grants, farmworker Housing to Harvest program, and childcare assistance.
“The Legislature has come together with Governor Newsom on a COVID-19 relief early budget package that will send $600 stimulus checks and other critical assistance to our most vulnerable Californians, small businesses, and nonprofits. Our legislative actions approved funding for several initiatives we have been championing such as the Golden State Stimulus, small business and nonprofit grants, the farmworker Housing to Harvest program, and childcare assistance,” stated Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia. “We are grateful to secure these emergency aid funds and remain laser-focused on our regional pandemic priorities including ensuring equitable distribution of vaccine supplies and other resources needed to combat COVID-19 in hard-hit areas like ours.”
- Golden State Stimulus: $600 Stimulus Checks for Low-Income Residents
- $2.1 B in Small Business Grants including $50 M for Nonprofit Cultural Institutions
- $402 M Subsidized Childcare and Preschool Providers
- $123 M Community College Student Emergency Financial Assistance
- $35 M for Food Banks and Diaper Banks
- $24 M Housing to Harvest Program: Providing Shelter and Aid for Farmworkers Impacted by COVID-19
- Barbering and Cosmetology License Fee Relief
- Restaurants and Bars Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control License Fee Relief
Watch his press conference below and tune in to NBC Palm Springs News at 5pm for more details.
LIVE NOW: Governor @GavinNewsom, alongside @SenToniAtkins & @Rendon63rd, signs a comprehensive legislative package to provide urgently needed relief for individuals, families & businesses suffering economic hardship due to #COVID19. https://t.co/8MpWZCOl1F
— Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) February 23, 2021